Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Learning a little day by day...

Have you ever thought about how you eat popcorn? There are different types of "popcorn eaters." Some people get a handful, eat it all at once, drop some down their shirt or on their pants, munch, and head back for another handful. Some get a few pieces in hand and then eat one by one, munch and head back for a few more pieces. And then you have the ones who get one little kernel, eat the one little kernel, and then go back for another little kernel.

I labeled myself tonight as the first type of popcorn eater... unfortunately. So I must consume many more calories, fat and sodium as I enjoy popcorn. I had never really paid much attention to this until tonight and I decided I needed to practice eating one little kernel at a time. Much to my surprise I actually enjoyed the taste of the popcorn more. Why? I think because I wasn't eating like it was the last time I would ever get popcorn again. What's the rush?!?! And I also ate half the amount I would normally eat.

Little changes will make big changes over time.

Next up...exercise! I MUST make this a part of my daily routine. As of right now, I am doing it here and there. That will NOT get my 99 pounds off by next summer! So tomorrow, my goal is to get up and get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment