Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Excited... It has been a long time!

I went to sign up for Weight Watchers last night... For the 6th time! But I had a different feeling going in... I felt excited! I always before have "dreaded" that I had to give up my favorite foods. Although the meetings don't officially begin until next week, I am ready to start today!

Today, I am excited for the "new" me. The foods that make me unhappy and unhealthy, I am ready to part with now. I want to feel happy about shopping for clothes again. I want to attend public events and not be miserable. It is true that I skip events because I hate my appearance. I want to tie my shoes in the middle instead of on the side! I want to feel like "me" again. I want my kids to be proud that I am their mommy. I want my husband to be proud I am his wife. All of these things are so much better than McDonalds or nacho fajitas!

I plan to do a few things differently this time. I LOVE pictures and as hard as it will be in the beginning, I want to share pictures of my journey along the way. This will be hard for me because I pretty much avoid the camera at all costs now. I think it will encourage me to keep working! This journey is a forever journey and FINALLY I am ready to begin... Please join me on my journey to a new me.

No comments:

Post a Comment